– Satyakam Ray A lot of political humdrum had already happened over the issue; still, ordinary folks were clueless about what exactly was the case with the farm bills and why such a hue and cry went on. This article tries to demystify the farm bills for the clarity of everyone. Let’s heed the issue with empathy and logic. The crux of the protest … Continue reading Explaining the Farm Bills
– Satyakam Ray Renowned Science fiction writer Isaac Asimov wrote, “The government doesn’t want any system of transmitting information to remain unbroken unless it’s under its control.” The fictional tale of the past becomes a factual present if we consider the recent mass surveillance programs conducted by various governments. These Programs are the tip of the iceberg. After the 9/11 attack on the US, several … Continue reading Surveillance Nationalism
– Satyakam Ray Recently, one web series has gained popularity on the Indian OTT platform. That’s none other than The Family Man. The Manoj Bajpayee starred spy thriller has become the talk of the town. Apart from the terrorists, Srikant Tiwari (Manoj Bajpayee) had to deal with his family members – specifically his daughter Dhriti. The teenager is adamant and typically speaks verbatim, which … Continue reading Capitalistic Baboon Verbatim
– Satyakam Ray The famous phrase “See no evil, hear no evil, Speak no evil” first appeared in Japan in the 17th century. Mahatma Gandhi’s visual metaphor of the three monkeys, with one covering his eyes, the second his mouth, and the third his ears, was popularized later and adopted as the message of peace and tolerance. In today’s context, the symbolism of peace holds … Continue reading Personal Liberty, Freedom of Speech, and Gandhi’s Philosophy
– Satyakam Ray According to Benjamin Disraeli, a university should be a place of light, liberty, and learning. In proper regard, a liberal arts and science university should uphold liberal views and Academic Freedom. Not so long ago, one development at Ashoka University, a private university based in Haryana, had cast doubt on the very liberal principles upon which the university is built. Two of … Continue reading Is Political Correctness Muzzling the Freedom of Speech?
– Satyakam Ray Remember the Pandemic and S.O.S. calls posted on social media asking for immediate help for corona victims. A bunch of behind-the-curtain people worked day and night to address the S.O.S. calls and procure the needed things. Read on to find out more about this noble initiative… The world came under an unprecedented pandemic, and India was no exception. During the 1st wave, … Continue reading S.O.S. call warriors