– Aparna Chatterjee Green tea is more than just a green liquid. It has less caffeine than coffee and black tea. Many consider organic green tea the healthiest beverage on the planet. That’s why so much craze has been going on for green tea among health-conscious persons and fitness freaks. But is it so different and effective as claimed by its regular drinkers, or … Continue reading Green Tea: Is it worth the hype?
– Aparna Chatterjee SMOKING is one of the most banned globally, followed by the paradox that its production is not stopped. In India, smoking has been known for as long as 2000 BC, when cannabis was smoked for medicinal purposes. Being mentioned first in the Atharvaveda, along with dhooppaan (drinking smoke) of fumigations and fire offerings in Ayurveda, this practice became a trend to get high. … Continue reading Get Nicotine free!
– Aparna Chatterjee So how many times have you seen Tulsi being used in your households? Living in a Hindu Family, we were taught that Tulsi is a holy herb from an early age. Only later to realize why. From kaadhaas to Prashad, this herb is crucial to many things. From our Dadi’s kitchen to Vicks Vaporub, this little herb has found its way of taking care of us. One of the healthiest … Continue reading Indian Basil
– Aparna Chatterjee Looking and feeling good is one the critical factors to being confident. Who doesn’t like to have a fit physique, upright posture, and well-groomed hair? However, we are observing a surge in people suffering from hair loss. Adults as young as in their early twenties are complaining about bald patches. What are the possible causes? What can you do right now to … Continue reading Crown Shedding-Hair fall!
– Aparna Chatterjee Who doesn’t like a sweet treat after a meal? Being Bengali, the main thing about us is that we are big-time sweet lovers. So, heavy or uncontrolled sugar intake can lead to many health issues, from dental to cardiological (How often have you heard about diabetes?). Now diabetes does not necessarily occur due to high sugar intake; there are many other reasons … Continue reading The sour delight-Yogurt
– Aparna Chatterjee My Mother and I love to try out healthy recipes we randomly find online. But before the internet, people followed the rule of Dadi’s kitchen. I had some hilarious and weird-tasting moments with my Grandma. The smell of the herbs and spices, all pounded in a stone grinder, all the different types of Kaadhaas, and the famous instruction- “naak band karke piilo” (Close your … Continue reading Turmeric water- The Magical Drink
–Aparna Chatterjee The corona situation brought back many lost Indian drinks into the limelight. Kadha is one of them. Brewed with so many hot ingredients, this drink not only help to increase our body temperature but also helps to elevate our immunity. So, let’s get straight to it! What do you need? Indian basil: The herb from every Indian household! Ginger: It spices up the … Continue reading Shots of Immunity
– Aparna Chatterjee Ginger has been the king of Ayurveda and Indian cuisine for centuries. Chinese medicines also look up to this root with high respect because it restores Yang or heat energy. Ginger and the Ayurveda: The heating qualities of Ginger tea make it helpful in treating Vata (airy element) imbalances, such as digestive issues because it improves all three phases of gastrointestinal function (digestion, absorption, … Continue reading A warm hug from Ginger tea
– Aparna Chatterjee As the world continues to battle new diseases and collapsing ecosystems, plastic is one of the dangerous threats; a whole system left unchecked for a long time might lead us to choke in the future. Fast Fashion is one of the rapidly growing industries. The amalgamation of big profitable corporations with their top-notch marketing teams directing our consumption with the helpless labor … Continue reading Fast fashion and its environmental tax
– Satyakam Ray Leading a non-happening mundane corporate life, stuck in the exams, or bored by the usual daily events in households- everybody occasionally needs the quintessential road trip. Not only the body but the soul also needs rest and rejuvenation. An unplanned road trip is a must for all purposes, the zeal to lead a hedonist lifestyle or precisely kick-starting the already-sleeping curiosity within … Continue reading Hodophile- being bitten by the travel bug?