– Satyakam Ray Technology has made the gap between extended family members a little bit narrow by introducing us to WhatsApp. This short article is all about the social coherence of the extended family WhatsApp group. The burgeoning family intimacy and urge to connect socially lead to the creation of a great extended family WhatsApp group. Usually, any uncle or aunt leads the way of … Continue reading How to deal with the family WhatsApp group?
– Satyakam Ray Social insects like ants, termites, bees, and wasps often leave behind trail pheromones for marking pathways for others towards resource vastness. Sometimes the trail pheromone works as an alarm as the guards aggregate around a nest invader. Snakes in the jungles also hunt in packs just like wolves contrary to the belief that snakes are solitary creatures. The Planet earth episode of … Continue reading Anandapur Chronicles: Snake charmer story
– Satyakam Ray Odisha is a place of ancient temples and a hermitage of beautiful scenic places. But most of the time, it has been in national and international news being the receiving end of severe floods and cyclonic storms. As it is close to the Bay of Bengal and many large rivers flow through Odisha’s various districts, happenings of such natural calamities are unavoidable. … Continue reading Anandapur Chronicles: The flood sob story
– Satyakam Ray The 1978 movie Piranha has brought massive notoriety to the monstrous carnivorous fish, which is often found in the south American lakes and rivers. Aquatic ecologist Zeb Hogan, host of the popular National Geographic show Monster Fish, has braved and wrangled with one Piranha fish on his show. Even its previous host Jeremy wade often caught many sea monsters during his adventures. The fifth chapter … Continue reading Anandapur Chronicles: The monster fish
– Satyakam Ray Odisha, India’s best-kept secret in terms of tourism, is infamous for its tropical cyclone and floods. All over the world, people are aware of the horror faced by the odias in the super cyclone of 1999. To add salt to the wound, every year new cyclones turned up in Odisha to claim their fair share of havoc. Cyclone Fani, Amphan, Titli, … Continue reading Anandapur Chronicles: Reminscing the tornado
– Satyakam Ray The momo, I referred to, is a symbolic representation of human beings in general. It can be you, me, or anyone else. As we grow up, we always tend to become self-centered. We compare ourselves to others and become happy sadistically by pointing out others’ flaws. We take ourselves seriously and brag about our outward success, fame, money, and so forth. … Continue reading The last momo soliloquy explanation
–Satyakam Ray [Anandapur Chronicles- 1st story- The Naagmani] This is the second installment of Anandapur Chronicles. The beautiful aerial view of the Hadagada reservoir doesn’t fully justify the scenic spectacular it creates in the eyes of bemused tourists, upon the first visit. The hidden tourist treasure is located just 35 kilometers from Anandapur. Adjoining the reservoir, there is a very less known but magnificent Gada … Continue reading Anandapur Chronicles: Encountering wild elephants
– Satyakam Ray Bibliosmia is the concept where the book lovers directly sniff off from the pages by keeping the book very close to the nostrils. Though this sweet but weird activity is limited to bibliophiles, still practiced worldwide. From the lonely second-hand bookstores across the globe to the sophisticated libraries, evidence of Bibliosmia can be found everywhere. It’s unknown that when this concept got … Continue reading Bibliosmia-The Charm of Old Book Smell
– Satyakam Ray Leading a non-happening mundane corporate life, stuck in the exams or bored by the usual daily events in households- once in a while everybody needs the quintessential road trip. Not only the body, but the soul also needs rest and rejuvenation. An unplanned road trip is a must for all purposes, the zeal to lead a hedonist lifestyle or precisely kick-starting the … Continue reading Hodophile- being bitten by the travel bug?
– Satyakam Ray During the creative flow process, the person channelizes all his élan vital to focus on the task on hand and try to perform 100% to get a sense of fulfillment, uninterrupted joy, and the feel of esteemed self-worth. History suggests that many gifted creative writers and best-seller novelists do a little running to get their optimum creative flow. Many others follow their unique but weird … Continue reading How to Enter the Creative “Zone”? -An Analysis on Creative Flow and Hypergraphia