– Satyakam Ray Boat 01- Man seated inside the boat (1st scenario) A hapless man sitting on a boat, Done by the waves, trying to float. Resources are down, spirit is dwindling, No compass, not a single soul in sighting. Is he going for a watery grave? A little piece of land, he craves! No one answers the SOS calls, Nobody to witness his … Continue reading Perception
– Satyakam Ray Writer’s Block: The inability to come up with new ideas, produce unique content within a strict deadline, or write down the magnum opus, clinging to perfectionism, might lead the way for blank papers over a long time. The ink might dry a little bit, insinuating frustration and desperation for the writer. However, many authors belittle the problem by terming it too much leisure time. Thoroughly studied by Austrian psychoanalyst Edmund Bergler, … Continue reading 10 Ways to Beat Writer’s Block
– Satyakam Ray Bibliosmia is the concept where the book lovers directly sniff off from the pages by keeping the book very close to their nostrils. Though this sweet but weird activity is limited to bibliophiles, still practiced worldwide. From the lonely second-hand bookstores across the globe to sophisticated libraries, evidence of Bibliosmia can be found everywhere. It’s unknown when this concept got wider attention … Continue reading Bibliosmia-The Charm of Old Book Smell
– Satyakam Ray During the creative flow process, the person channelizes all his élan vital to focus on the task on hand and try to perform 100% to get a sense of fulfillment, uninterrupted joy, and the feel of esteemed self-worth. History suggests that many gifted creative writers and best-seller novelists run a little to get their optimum creative flow. Many others follow their unique but weird … Continue reading How to Enter the Creative “Zone”? -An Analysis on Creative Flow and Hypergraphia
– Aditi Anvita A poem whacking at the cryptic arched entrance,Probably, been procrastinating for a long time,I crave momentous ideas to greet them in,Exhilarating thoughts to stitch promising lines,Commence threading words with intellectTo welcome original exquisite composition,Speculate, explore, scribble and erase,So, heading through lots of clutter,On the blank undone stimulating sheet,Seek my soul to compose a competent piece,Spend moments and discover a free verse,Recent visitors … Continue reading A waiting poem
– Satyakam Ray Sitting on a park bench, Watching the birds chirping, Stillness in the wood and mood, And the clouds hovering, As far as I see above the horizon. I see a pair of squirrels, Playing in the trees, Nonchalantly with zero stress, Their existence is simple, Without any “modernism” fuss, As we humans do!! Writing down the words, As they come to my … Continue reading It’s better to be alone
– Aditi Anvita In the diverse regions of Earth,Numerous life nature brings forth. A long time back lived an inhabitant,From the desert, resources are not scant. His group roamed in a caravan,Their entire lifespan. They halted on speculating an oasis,Their ultimate supporting basis. That sustained them for a limited time,For that guy, the short duration was not sublime. He believed in the perks of plains,Cultivated, … Continue reading Where did he go?
– Satyakam Ray Leading a non-happening mundane corporate life, stuck in the exams, or bored by the usual daily events in households- everybody needs the quintessential road trip once in a while. Not only the body but the soul also needs rest and rejuvenation. An unplanned road trip is a must for all purposes, the zeal to lead a hedonist lifestyle or precisely kick-starting the … Continue reading Hodophile- being bitten by the travel bug?
– Chandra Shekher Mishra The preamble is an important aspect of the Indian constitution. In today’s socio-political context, a thorough discussion of the same has become paramount important. This Preamble series gives an insight into the lesser told section of the constitution. Read on to find out more.. Though the preamble is regarded as a part of the Constitution of India (hereinafter- the Constitution), it … Continue reading Preamble as a part of the constitution
The Wittystride is ready to go the extra mile with the 1st ever post. So, dear readers! This is the preamble to what’s coming your way to enrich your reading experience and wisdom. Stay tuned to The Witty Stride! Continue reading First Stride ever!